de amor

Thursday, April 28, 2011

de amor

de amor





de amor de amor de amor



de amor de amor de amor







How important the concept of God is, and how instead of valuing what has been given us, we with light hearts spurn it because of absurdities that have been attached to it. ~Leo Tolstoy, Last Diaries, 1960



The best fertilizer is the gardener's shadow. ~Author Unknown



Whatever thrift is, it is not avarice. Avarice is not generous; and, after all, it is the thrifty people who are generous. ~Lord Rosebery



If a man will begin with certainties, he shall end in doubts, but if he will content to begin with doubts, he shall end in certainties. ~Francis Bacon



Persons with weight of character carry, like planets, their atmospheres along with them in their orbits. ~Thomas Hardy



Scientists tell us that the fastest animal on earth, with a top speed of 120 feet per second, is a cow that has been dropped out of a helicopter. ~Dave Barry



When my kids become wild and unruly, I use a nice, safe playpen. When they're finished, I climb out. ~Erma Bombeck



Marriage is the only war in which you sleep with the enemy. ~Francois, Duc de La Rochefoucauld



Let no one think that real gardening is a bucolic and meditative occupation. It is an insatiable passion, like everything else to which a man gives his heart. ~Karel Capek, The Gardener's Year, translated by M. and R. Weatherall, 1931



A son is a son till he takes him a wife, a daughter is a daughter all of her life. ~Author Unknown



Our deeds determine us as much as we determine our deeds. ~George Eliot



I cannot afford to waste my time making money. ~Louis Agassiz



Healthy people are invalids who don't know it. ~Jules Romains, Dr. Knock, 1923



I know well what I am fleeing from but not what I am in search of. ~Michel de Montaigne



I sometimes think one of the great blessings we shall enjoy in heaven, will be to receive letters by every post and never be obliged to reply to them. ~Washington Irving



Destiny has two ways of crushing us - by refusing our wishes and by fulfilling them. ~Henri Frederic Amiel



History is the open Bible: we historians are not priests to expound it infallibly: our function is to teach people to read it and to reflect upon it for themselves. ~George Macaulay Trevelyan



Men fear Death, as children fear to go in the dark; and as that natural fear in children is increased with tales, so is the other. ~Francis Bacon, Essays



Every path hath a puddle. ~George Herbert, "Jacula Prudentum"



Friends will write me letters. They run out of room on the front of the letter. They write "over" on the bottom of the letter. Like I'm that much of a moron. Like I need that there. Because if it wasn't there, I'd get to the bottom of the page: "And so Kathy and I went shopping and we..." That's the craziest thing! I don't know why she would just end it that way. ~Ellen DeGeneres

No comments:

Post a Comment